So… I need to lose some weight, like I just found some old stats from when I was in college and thought I needed to lose some weight, and I am 25 pounds heavier than that!!! WTF…
So I decided to check Pinterest for some inspiration (something super fast and easy that would make me skinny)… I already exercise, I love to eat, basically I needed a miracle cure. Then I found it. 3 days of drinking smoothies and lose at least 10 pounds. Sign me up!!!
I printed the summary page (http://pinterest.com/pin/12173861465333054/), wrote that I was going to be on the Dr. Oz Diet for 4.8.13-4.10.13 and then went to the store.
I had tried coconut water in the past and think it tastes like mold. Sub = real water. I knew how hard it was to wash and cut up fruits. Sub = frozen versions as much as possible. I did not want to spend the $$ for kale.Sub = frozen spinach… So basically, I was revising the plan, as I do every plan ever made.
I got the stuff- thank you Target and Whole Foods for providing everything I needed, mostly in convenient form! I came home and unloaded the items into the fridge. Then realized that I was too sunburned to go outside, so I thought I would go ahead and put all of the ingredients inside the quart size mason jars I had purchased for this event. Then I decided I should go ahead and blend away. So, by 430 on Sunday afternoon I had everything I was going to “eat” for the next 3 days prepared. I was pumped! Ready to lose weight, ready to feel awesome with all the antioxidants, ready for a system reset made easy. So me and CLP had a frozen meal and brownies for dinner and I went to bed with my game face on!
- Breakfast Drink- It wasn’t too bad- raspberries and spinach were all I tasted. I consumed after my morning shower and headed to work.
- Green Tea- I had my green tea when I got to my desk- I dont do artificial sweeteners, so I just had lemon. Pretty normal morning drink.
- Workout class- I cruised through my class, not starving like I was worried about.
- Lunch Drink- It was chunky and the smell of coconut was overwhelming. It was also very hearty and took about 45 minutes to get completed.
- Snack Time- I repeated the Breakfast drink. No complaints.
- Dinner Drink- GROSS! I love blueberries and I really am a fan of spinach… not like this. I choked it down and sat enviously watching CLP eat his food.
- Bedtime- I was hungry and rumbly… but decided I was doing great.
Day 2: I woke up, weighed myself and then freaked out that I had really lost 4 pounds in 1 day of starvation (Not really, I put the drinks in myfitnesspal and I had over 1200 calories for the day). I was pumped. This is awesome. I am going to really get below my hated weight in a few days…
- Breakfast Drink- Not as tasty today, but overall not a problem. I drank it and watched the news and then headed to work.
- Green Tea- I wasn’t feeling the tea and barely drank it. I am not a huge hot tea fan, so I was not troubled.
- Workout Class- I was hungry and had to cheat- I had 10 Almonds about 30 minutes before going downstairs and got through class without a problem.
- Lunch Drink- I sat down at my computer and decided I needed to have some water and make sure I was at normal temperature first. After a little while I went for the drink. I had my first sip and.. something happened… I had to breathe deep and bite my tongue… I was going to vomit at my desk. Maybe it was the fact that I had not had any solid food in 36 hours or maybe it was the overpowering smell of coconut. But, I could not do it.
I went to the cafeteria. I purchased a turkey sandwich and pickles. I went back to my desk and ate like a champ. I have never been so relieved to eat such a normal lunch. I decided at that moment I QUIT. I was not going to do this. I did not care if I was stalling out on weight loss again, I was not going to almost puke at work for a few pounds of water weight…
Good thing I quit. I had a Pampered Chef party to attend that evening and would have been in hell if I had not had a glass of Sangria and some Appetizers.
Rating: 2 of 10
Reason: I think that the idea of incorporating a smoothie or two into your meal plan is great- extra fruits and veggies and all of that fiber- not eating anything you would normally eat only makes you eat more later. Not sustainable plan and doesn’t teach any skills to assist in long term weight loss.
Next Up: Probiotic Capsules and the elusive African Mango extract
Stay Tuned- Steph